Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trafalgar Square and Dinner Party

Jason, Sims and I took our own leisurely trek to Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery.  We had lunch at the Gallery, where I learned that I love arugula (what the Brits call rocket).  I mean LOVE arugula!  But that is neither here nor there.  Since Sims was in tow, we couldn't see a lot of the National Gallery, so we chose to go through the 18th and 19th centuries section only.  Sims didn't pay much attention to any of the paintings, until we went by Seurat's Bathers at Asnières.  He was fascinated, and we stopped for a while to look at it.  I may have to find a print of that one for him.  Then he had a tantrum in the gift shop, and we knew it was time to leave.

We walked outside and enjoyed the nice weather by the fountain at Trafalgar Square.



We then strolled through Leicester Square and Covent Garden to do a little shopping.  I was disappointed in their lack of cheesy Will and Kate mugs, but Jess didn't let me go home empty-handed.  She bought a fantastic one for me that is now my preferred work mug!

We got back to the homestead early because we were having a dinner party.  Tina had invited her vicar and some close friends of hers to dinner, and we were so excited to see him again and meet them, respectively!




We had such a nice evening.  The company was great, and the food was delicious.  Thanks, Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment