Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Cake

Jason and I went early yesterday to vote, and we decided that Sims was at the perfect age to start going with us.  We talked about what we were about to do, how important it is and how lucky we are to live in a country where we can vote.  I'm not sure what he got out of the conversation, but he enjoyed "helping" me vote.  He also loved the sticker he got afterward.  "It's my favorite sticker," he said.


This is the first year that I had ever heard of the old tradition of Election Cake.  Many years ago, Election Day usually involved parties with family and friends who came into town to vote.  So, of course, there was always cake.  We decided it was time to bring that tradition back!  (Any excuse for cake is a good one, right?)  I planned on having a spice cake, which is the more traditional Election Cake, but Sims really wanted "red cake".  Red velvet cake is never a bad choice, I think!


Now I am so happy that Election Day is over and past us.  I couldn't take another campaign ad!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you celebrated have the right to vote and made it a fun experience!!! Election cake is a fabulous tradition to reinstate!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete