Monday, November 8, 2010

Date night

Jason's parents spent the weekend with us and were nice enough to take care of Sims so Jason and I could have a date night.  We went to the members' opening reception at the art museum.  With the reopening of their "old" building, they also were opening 5 new art exhibits.  It was so much fun to be able to get a little gussied up and have a date night. 


The art was also wonderful.  I love John James Audubon, so I was thrilled to see some of his work.  The Norman Rockwell exhibit was really interesting.  They had copies of all of his Saturday Evening Post covers.  There had to be hundreds of them spanning 30 years or so.  Bob Trotman's sculptures were fascinating in a modern art meets Office Space kind of way.  It's also really neat that he lives in my hometown (or least nearby) and his wife was one of my 8th grade teachers, who I loved.

The weather was cold this weekend, and it was rainy off-and-on on Saturday.  Needless to say, we didn't do much except for the art museum.  We all just hung around the house, which was nice!

5 comments:

  1. It was a great night! The museum always puts on a good party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a great time with you all. sims was a delight, as always. great food, great company... a nice way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a night out! Loving the beard Jason... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look fabulous. I miss the NC Art Museum parties. I am sure it has changed so much since I have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new museum building is fantastic, Jana! It is truly like a big city museum. I am very proud of it! I always think of you when we go these art museum parties. The first one I went to was with you! We had a great girls' night out!

    ReplyDelete