Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ya-Ya-Ya-Yo

In the past, Sims has rarely paid attention to music we play in the car or at home.  Lately, things have changed.  He has one song that he likes, and he requests that it be played on repeat, while he shakes one of his fists to the beat.  Every time that we get in the car, he asks for the "Ya-Ya-Ya-Yo" song.  That's not actually it's title.  It's what Sims thinks they are singing in the chorus.  It's real title is "Prickly Thorn But Sweetly Worn" by The White Stripes.  I will admit I'm not a huge fan of The White Stripes, but this song isn't too bad.  It's kind of been growing on me, since every time we all ride together, this song is playing now.



We have noticed that Sims prefers songs with a folk sound to them.  So I guess I can forget my dreams of having him love oldies and 80s music with me...

1 comment:

  1. I love that song - in fact, I also put it on repeat sometimes too! Now I'll think of Sims when I hear it! xx

    ReplyDelete