Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pre-K Graduation

Last month, Sims graduated from Pre-K, and his school had a big graduation ceremony for his class.  He was adamant that Merritt needed to be there, so we got her out of her class for the ceremony.  (He loves his sister so much!) 

The kids wore graduation gowns and mortar boards, and they sang and danced.  It was great!  They sang "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades", Kool and the Gang's "Celebration", and "Wind Beneath My Wings".

Each child stood up in front of the large group and said what they want to be when they grow up.  I was so proud of how brave Sims was!  While some of the kids needed help because they just couldn't stand and talk in front of such a large crowd, Sims had no trouble at all.  He said, "My name is Sims, and when I grow up, I want to be a scuba diver because I like to go under the water."  He had told me the day before that he was going to say that he wanted to be a builder.  When I asked him afterward why he didn't say that, he said, "I want to be a lot of things."



It was such a cute and sweet ceremony.  It's hard to believe that he will be a Kindergartener next month!  He has been at the same school since he was 12 weeks old and has known some of his classmates since then, so this is a big change for him.  He's ready for it though, and he is so excited.  We are excited for him, too.


And boy, are we proud!

1 comment:

  1. I tear just thinking about it. It was so sweet!!
    Gan

    ReplyDelete