Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meeting Zarich and Will

Here it is.  The last, but certainly not least, of my London posts. 

My friend Zarich lives in the London area, and we have known each other for 5 years now.  But we had never met.  We were both so excited to finally get the chance to see each other in person!


What was interesting was that it didn't feel like we were meeting for the first time.  Nor did it feel like it was the first time meeting her husband Will.  It was so comfortable and easy, which really shouldn't be a surprise since I do know Zarich very well!  And I had heard so much about Will, I felt like I knew him, too. 

We spent our afternoon together walking leisurely along the south bank of the Thames, then meeting up with the rest of our family by happenstance.  (In all of London, who would have thought?)

Zarich and I laughing about who-knows-what during our walk

We also got to visit with them again on Friday evening, when they came to dinner at our place.  If we didn't have to leave early the next morning, I think we could have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning talking and drinking wine.


Will and Zarich are such a fun, smart, entertaining couple!  I wished they lived nearby or at least closer because I could see us getting together a lot.  Knowing that they are actually interested in moving over this way for a while excites me so much.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Will can find a job of interest on this side of the pond.  We had such an amazing time with our new-but-not-really-new friends!  I can't wait to meet up with them again.  The Olympics, maybe?

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun seeing Zarich and Will - so glad it worked out for them to visit again (once the riots quieted down)! We'll do our best to find a place for you all if you come again for the Olympics!

    Thanks for the fun posts - loved re-living the trip with you, Jason and Sims!

    Love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete