Thursday, September 1, 2011

I feel the earth move...

...under my feet.  I know this is old news, but we had an earthquake here last Wednesday!  And I felt it!  It was just gentle shaking, but I felt it.  Check that off the ole bucket list.  Not that it was actually on my bucket list, but it should have been. 

Hurricane Irene came through the area just a few days later.  We got lucky on that one and were only on the edge of it.  We had plenty of high wind gusts but little damage.  We actually didn't even get that much rain out of it either.  It was a nice excuse to relax at home without any plans.  We don't get many weekends like that (I can't even remember having one recently.), so it was extra special.

Hopefully, Mother Nature will calm down a little and give us a break here on the east coast, especially no hurricanes while we are at the beach in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment