Thursday, October 20, 2011

State Fair

Yesterday, when it was drizzly and dreary, we spent the afternoon and evening at the State Fair.  This was the only day and time that we could go all week, even though the weather was not ideal.  Or maybe it was ideal because there were no crowds at all!  We only had to wait in line once, when we were getting NC State ice cream, which was worth the wait!

I hadn't been to the fair in a couple of years, and it had been about 10 years for Jason.  We're not the biggest fair fans, but we knew that Sims would probably enjoy it.  He didn't get to ride any of the rides, since he wasn't tall enough, but that's not really why we went anyway.  We were all excited about seeing the animals!  I hadn't explained to Sims what kind of animals we would see because it didn't occur to me to do so.  On the way to the fair, he told us that he wanted to see the giraffe.  Oops.  I guess I should have told him that they were farm animals.  Luckily, he wasn't disappointed.  And as a bonus, he got to see a camel and a zebra at the petting zoo.

My favorite part (as always) is the chickens.  A lot of people think I'm crazy when I tell them that, but how can you not love this:


Isn't she beautiful?  I would swear that's hair and not feathers.  There are just so many kinds of chickens that I didn't know existed before my first trip to the State Fair.  I want a pet chicken!  We also saw a chicken that had Tina Turner hair.  I can't believe I didn't get a picture!

We, also, got to milk a cow.  This was a first for all of us.  Jason and I thought it was pretty neat.  Sims really didn't want anything to do with it.  He quickly touched the utters once and refused to do it again.  He much preferred petting the cow.


Sims got to ride a pony, which he loved.  He did not want to get off of the pony, when his turn was up.


We all had a wonderful time at the fair, which may be hard to believe if you knew how Jason feels about the fair.  Now if we can just have a fair day every year when it's raining (but not too much!), we may start to become bigger fans of the State Fair.  Because you know that Sims will have to go every year from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment