Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Who's Busy Like a Bee?

Me, me me!

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I am pretty exhausted.  Last week Jason was on a business trip, so Sims and I had some quality time together.  Mom and Smith came up on Thursday to help take care of Sims, while I went to some training for 2 and half days at Duke Chapel.  Work was crazy last week with a big event for prospective students, and to top the whole week off, I led the lesson at Children's Chapel on Sunday for the first time.

Mom and Smith took Sims to the Veterans' Day Parade, which was Sims' first parade.  He loved it, even though it was super cold outside.  Then they took him to Marbles Kids Museum.  I'm jealous that I couldn't go with them because I know that they had so much fun!  I can't wait until Jason and I can take him back to Marbles.

The training at Duke Chapel was for Godly Play, which is what is used in Children's Chapel.  It's Montessori-based, and I'm really excited about it.  The training was pretty intense, but it made me feel much more comfortable on Sunday morning.  I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to do it.  With our Director of Children's Ministries leaving, I think I will be the only one at church with any training in it.  Luckily, there are others who have interest in it, but they were unable to go to the training.  I won't be the only one teaching!

I am so looking forward to things quieting down at work a little because our weekends and evenings will be so filled with activities for the next month and a half.  And it all starts with Isla's big birthday this weekend!  We are so excited to celebrate her first birthday with her.   And can you believe that next week is Thanksgiving!  Where did this year go?

No comments:

Post a Comment