Thursday, January 12, 2012

Interview with Sims

Yesterday evening, I interviewed Sims.  I asked a bunch of questions that I had found online to ask your kids at different stages in their lives.  I thought this might be fun to do every 6 months or so.  When I finished asking him all the questions I had, he wanted me to ask more questions, so we kept coming up with more to ask him.  He really loved it, even though it took a few questions for him to warm up to it.  Here is the interview:

Maggie: What is your name?
Sims: (shakes head no)

Maggie: How old are you?
Sims: Couch.

Maggie: What color is your hair?
Sims: White.

Maggie: What color are your eyes?
Sims: Blue.

Maggie: What is your favorite food?
Sims: Mac and Cheese.

Maggie: What is your favorite song?
Sims: Baa Baa Sheep.

Maggie: What is your favorite treat?
Sims: Christmas.

Maggie: What is your favorite color?
Sims: Paint.  I like paint a lot.

Maggie: What is your favorite animal?
Sims: Giraffe.

Maggie: What is your favorite book?
Sims: Monkey.  (pointed to Monkey Learns to Potty, which was the book right in front of him.)

Maggie: What is your favorite store?
Sims: Rabbit store.

Maggie: What do you like to do with Daddy?
Sims: Tent.

Maggie: What do you like to do with Mama?
Sims: Tent for Mama.

Maggie: Who are your friends?
Sims: Nicky, Talia.

Maggie: What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Sims: Baseball.

Maggie: What is your favorite thing to play inside?
Sims: Crayons.

Maggie: What is your favorite bedtime story?
Sims: Jack and the Beanstalk.

Maggie: What is your favorite thing to do when you wake up?
Sims: Animals!

Maggie: What is your favorite shirt?
Sims: Baseball (the shirt he was wearing)

Maggie: What are your favorite shoes?
Sims: Baseball shoes.

Maggie: What is your favorite snack?
Sims: Animal snack.

Maggie: What is your favorite way to help around the house?
Sims: Trash.

Maggie: What is your favorite place to go?
Sims: Silver car.

Maggie: What is your favorite toy?
Sims: (picks up rolling pin) This is my favorite toy. 
          (points to Melissa & Doug Magnetic Dress-Up Set) This is my favorite toy.

His answers didn't always make sense (What is a rabbit store?) or really reflect what I think his favorite is, but I thought this was so cute.  He really loved that I asked him a question then wrote down what he said.  I had no idea he would enjoy this so much. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what the answers will be when he is 15?
    RL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete