Monday, June 18, 2012

So Long, Shelby

This weekend was our farewell tour of Mom and Smith's house.  We spent lots of time on the lake, and we got to eat at my favorite restaurants.  This won't be my last trip down to Shelby before they move.  (I'll be picking up and dropping off Mom this coming weekend for a blow-out girls' weekend in Asheville with Neely!  And I'm hoping to go back one weekend in July to help them pack up.)  This was Jason and Sims' last trip though.

We ate at my favorite hole in the wall restaurant, Cotton's, and at the restaurant where Jason and I had our pre-wedding brunch, Ni Fen.  We walked around downtown, which I haven't really seen in years.  (We usually go to Mom and Smith's and stay there.)  It was a great farewell tour.

The weather was perfect, and we loved cruising around the lake on the boat.  The water was still a bit chilly for me because I'm a wimp.  But I enjoyed getting my feet wet. 

Sims pretending to drive while the boat was docked
Sims helping Papa Smith drive
Mom, Sims and "Murph"
A pretty nice way to spend Father's Day, I think.  Luckily, Jason and Smith thought so, too.

I, also, couldn't help but take some pictures around their yard.





I definitely need to get a tripod.  So if there are any gift fairies out there, you can keep that in mind...

Not to be a downer, but I'm going to miss this view.


Except for my short trips to Shelby in the next month, so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye, Shelby.  I'll see you in 2 years at my 20 year high school reunion.  (Eek!  Can that really be true?)

No comments:

Post a Comment