Friday, February 11, 2011

Random stuff for a Friday

Jason has been gone all week on a business trip, and Sims and I are SOOOO excited that he is on his way home as I write this.  We cannot wait to see him.  Sims and I have had a fun week, but it is truly exhausting doing everything myself.  I have been ready to go to bed around 7:30 each night.  Too bad Sims wasn't...

Sims is really interested in the vaccuum lately.  He gets really excited when I get out the vaccuum and likes to act like the vaccuum is chasing him.  He is also showing interest in using the vaccuum.  The church nursery has a pretend vaccuum, which is currently his favorite toy when he's there.  He loves it to the point that he fell down a few stairs there last week and was very upset.  They gave him the vaccuum, and he was immediately better.  I hope this interest continues for many years to come!  I'm even thinking the kids size Dyson vaccuum (that actually works) might be what this kid needs, even if it does have a huge price tag.  It would be cheaper than getting a maid!  Last night, he used his corn popper to vaccuum the living room.  Too bad it doesn't really work.

Last weekend, Sims and I made cupcakes.  Sims did a great job helping me pour in the ingredients and stir.  He was really excited about it, which made me happy.  Of course, this means that we have been eating cupcakes all week.  And I have been feeling like a bad parent when I go into the kitchen and sneak one behind Sims' back. 

My parents are coming into town this weekend and are going to take care of Sims tomorrow night so Jason and I can go out for dinner and a movie.  I haven't been to a movie in 3 years!  I'm quite excited about it!

I have finally joined the 21st century and got a smart phone!  So I am now officially cool with my fancy iPhone.  I am loving it so far.  It is a really fun toy.  And I have used this awesome little phone to find us dinner reservations for tomorrow night without even making a call.  Technology is just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment