Monday, April 11, 2011

Family Time

Mom and Smith came to visit this weekend, and we really enjoyed the family time together.  I felt like I hadn't seen them in ages, and it probably has been longer than normal.  We started off our Saturday with some house shopping.  Mom and Smith had found a house online that they were interested in, so we all had to go see it.  It may seem strange, but all of us (including the guys) love to look at houses.  For many years we have all gone to the Parade of Homes, so of course we couldn't miss a chance to see this house.  We really liked it, and it had such a great feel and flow to it.  I would definitely like to spend more time there.  It's just exciting to think that the house hunt has officially begun for them, considering that Mom and I have been looking unofficially (online) for years now!  Of course, their house in Shelby needs to be sold first.  Details, details...

The rest of Saturday was spent shopping (my family's other favorite past-time.  No visit from Mom and Smith is complete without a trip to TJ Maxx and/or Homegoods.), watching the Masters and driving in a crazy rainstorm to get home.

Yesterday, Jason, Sims and I got to walk on the new greenway that goes right by our neighborhood.  We totally misjudged the temperature and burned up the whole way, but it was a great (hilly) walk that follows a creek most of the way.  It was so nice to hear the water flowing down the creek.  I am so ready for some lake, beach, pool time.  I just love the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment