Monday, April 4, 2011

What a difference the weather makes

After a week of cold and rain, we had a beautiful, spring-like weekend.  I'll have to admit that the grey skies and rain made me realize that I could never live in the Pacific Northwest.  My mood is really affected by the weather.  Last weekend, I just didn't want to do anything.  There were so many things that needed to be done around the house, and I was so lazy.  I just wanted to do nothing but nap. 

This weekend was so different.  Even though the weather was great to be outside (despite all the pollen), I was busy, busy, busy inside.  I was in the mood to get things done.  I even polished some of our silver!  I haven't done that in years.  And the master bathroom hasn't been this clean in years, either.  I even cleaned the baseboards, put up a new shower curtain liner and wiped down the cabinets.  It's as close as you can get to luxury in our circa 1985 bathroom.

Speaking of luxury, we bought some new bedding for our guest bedroom on Friday.  (It was the perfect Friday evening for us middle-aged people: dinner at a family-friendly restaurant and shopping at Homegoods.)  Considering that the old comforter didn't quite cover both sides of the mattress, I know our guests will appreciate the new linens.  This also means a whole new decorating scheme for the room, so I'm excited about more shopping!

Even though my weekend may sound humdrum to you, I really saw it as a great weekend.  It actually felt like a weekend, and I came back to work ready for the week ahead.  Unlike last week, when I started off the week wishing it was Friday.  What a difference the weather makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment