Wednesday, March 30, 2011

London - here we come!

Last night we bought tickets for the three of us to go to London this August!  So start praying for us and all the other people who will be on the plane with Sims for 8 hours.  I'm really excited about the destination, but I'm already stressed out about the journey.  Hopefully, there will be a lot of sleeping on the plane for all of us.

We're only going to be there a week, but I'm already thinking of all the daytrips I want to take.  Jason and I have seen most of the high points in London.  There are a few that I would like to revisit (National Gallery especially) and a few that we didn't get to see the first time (Tate Modern, the inside of Westminster Abbey).  I am really excited about going on daytrips outside of the city.  Like any good Episcopalian, I think that visiting Canterbury is a must.  There are also Leeds Castle and Oxford or Cambridge.  I'm obviously still in the early planning stages, and I probably won't make any firm plans until we get there.  We'll be there with all of Jason's family, so flexibility is key. 

I am really excited about taking Sims on his first BIG trip!  Even though he won't remember it, I think it's exciting for him.  And if he does really well on the plane, maybe I'll be able to convince Jason to take us to Italy or France next year.  Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait!!! All those day trips sound fantastic, it shouldn't be a problem to squeeze a few in... x

    ReplyDelete