Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day at the Park

I'm sorry that I have been MIA this week.  I have had a goal to blog 3 times a week, and, well, you can see how that's working out.  This has just been one of those weeks, when I haven't been able to pull it together.  For no real reason either.  The week has flown by, yet I'm still amazed that it's not Friday yet.  Don't you hate that?  I couldn't help but feel cheated this morning when I realized that it's Thursday and not Friday.

On to the reason why you are here - what we have been up to lately.  This weekend Jason's parents came to visit.  We have pictures on 2 cameras, and I, of course, only have the pictures from one camera.  So we will go from there.  On Saturday we enjoyed the nice weather by going to the park.  Our family tradition is to go to the park, then head to Henry's Gelato for a treat.  This time we decided to do that in reverse, which meant that Sims had time to use up some of that sugar by running around.

Piled in the car on the way to the park
When we got there, he saw a couple of dogs and got so excited.  He started stomping his foot and shouting, "Puppy! Puppy!"  Not only did we laugh, but other people around us did, too.  That was definitely a moment I wished I had on video.  Who needs a dog for his birthday?  (Just joking, Jason.)


We watched people feeding the ducks and birds around the lake. Then we went for a walk.  Sims got to pet a few dogs, so he thought the park visit was perfect.  He kinda pitched a fit, when it was time to go home. 

Sims' favorite thing now is to be outside.  He is constantly pointing to the door and saying, "Outside?"  On a nice day, it is great, but when it is cold, it's not so great.  He would stay outside all day, if possible.  I hope that the rain will hold off enough on Saturday, so we can get some quality outside-time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment