Monday, December 6, 2010

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

We were very surprised, when we looked out the window after lunch on Saturday, to see it snowing!  We had heard that it was going to snow overnight on Saturday (Sunday actually) but nothing was going to stick. I didn't think much about it. You know, if I don't see it, it didn't happen, right? 

Not only did we get to see it snowing, but it stuck!  We got about an inch or so, and the roads were fine.  It was really the perfect weekend snow experience.  (During the week, the perfect snow would have involved the roads being covered so I couldn't go to work.)  To take advantage of this, we went to Bond Park.  The town of Cary had a winter wonderland sledding area set up for the weekend, which involved homemade snow on the big hill.  Do you see the irony here?


You can see the sledding hill on the right.  There was even a group of guys playing football in the snow.

Sims seemed to have a ball.  So much so that he didn't want to stop to get a picture with me, but we finally got one.


I don't remember if we have ever had snow during the Christmas season.  I could definitely get used to it!  I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is really early for snow in NC. It is so pretty. We had snow on Thanksgiving, nothing stuck and it only lasted about 30 minutes. I am jealous, although my view will probably change when I am shoveling. I still have my southern views of if it snows everything closes.

    ReplyDelete