Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Busy Summer

This summer started off kind of lazy - just the way you want the summer to be.  Things sped up quickly though, and we are now in the mad dash to the end of the summer.  (I always see the end of summer being in mid-August when all the students come back to campus.  It may technically be the summer until September, but it won't feel like it to me.) 
This past weekend we went to Mom and Smith's in Shelby for the first time since October.  We had a mini family reunion, and it was so much fun!  My sister Ame and her family, my Uncle Larry and Aunt Diane all came for the day.  Alex, Neely and Isla were also there.  We had so much fun getting to see family who we rarely get to see anymore.  We spent most of the afternoon on the lake, even though the weather was surprising cooler than we are used to in the summer, especially after the sweltering 101 degree temp we saw last Tuesday.

Sims was so excited about going on the boat.  Once we got out there, he said, "No fun.  House."  I don't think he liked the stop-and-go of the boat with everyone trying to ski.  Who knows?  He got over it though.  He was just much happier swimming.

For dinner, the party got even larger.  Mom and Smith invited a group of their close friends, with whom we all love to hang around.  What a wonderful Saturday!  We were so exhausted on Sunday because of it.  I have a couple of pictures from the weekend, but I will have to post them later.

Now that we are back home, we are busy, busy, busy.  I am trying to make sure we have everything we need for our trip to London, which will be here in a little over 2 weeks.  Mom and her college roommate Susan will be coming to town later in the week (PARTYTIME!), and Jason and I are trying to get back into running.  Running in the evening seems to be a major time sink, but we are enjoying it so far.  It just means that my to-do list or want-to-do list is getting longer and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment