Thursday, July 28, 2011

In Sims' World

I have a few stories about Sims that I thought were funny/cute/tender, and I wanted to share.  About a week ago, Sims was riding his rocking horse, which he doesn't really rock on anymore.  He travels around the room on it instead.  I overheard him say to his teddy bear Tim, "Come on, Tim," as he was trying to get Tim to ride behind him.  A little bit later, after Sims had moved on to other toys, Tim was still sitting on the horse.  Sims walked over and said, "My turn, Tim," and he promptly moved Tim out of his way and got on the horse himself.  I just love hearing him talking to his toys and stuffed animals like they understand him.

Yesterday morning, Sims was sleeping in a bit later than normal, and I had to wake him up.  I turned on the light, then I went over to rub his back.  He pushed my hand away and said, "NO!  Come back."  I asked if he wanted me to leave and come back in a minute, to which he said, "Okay."  I guess he woke up on the wrong side of the crib, but it really tickled me.

Last night, we were reading books before bedtime.  He wanted to read I Love You Through and Through, and there is a page where the little boy is crying and his teddy bear is running away from him.  To be honest, I really don't know why the bear is running from the child, except maybe the crying is too loud for the little bear.  It's not something that Sims has ever noticed before, so I haven't really thought about it.  Last night, he definitely noticed it though.  For some reason it really upset him that the bear was running from the boy, and Sims was on the verge of tears.  I explained to him that his teddy bear Tim always wants to be with him.  It doesn't matter if Sims is happy or sad or crying.  Tim is happy to be with him.  Sims hugged Tim, and he seemed much more comforted with Tim in his arms.  When it was time to go bed, Sims wanted Tim to sleep with him.  Right before he fell asleep, he said, "I'm gonna go night-night, Tim."  Let me tell you, this whole exchange almost broke my heart into a million pieces!

1 comment:

  1. I love these stories. He is so precious. RL

    ReplyDelete