Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beautiful, Historic Edenton

We had so much fun exploring the town of Edenton, but let me tell you, it was HOT!  We had to do our exploring in small spurts, mixing in activities that involve air conditioning or the pool.  I took so many photos on this trip, and I believe I showed you the only one that I am in yesterday.  (You got to see the back of my head.)  I have tried to whittle down the photos to a manageable size, but I still have a lot to show.  So sit back and enjoy the Edenton part of our trip.


We found a house for sale that we immediately fell in love with.  This is the house where we are supposed to live!  Unfortunately, the house is way out of our price range.  But for the sake of dreaming, I'm going to show it to you anyway.  You can all pretend to come visit us at our new home.


It's much bigger than it looks at 3100 square feet.  It's not waterfront, but it has a view of the water.  It also overlooks the Chowan County Courthouse square, which has a monument for Joseph Hewes, who signed the Declaration of Independence.

Another view of "our" house in the middle.  See the water on the right.
View of the Joseph Hewes monument
Every Fourth of July, the Declaration of Independence is read at this monument.  So we could hear the reading from our front porch with a view of the water.  Sounds perfect to me.

It's good to dream, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed seeing the pictures from your trip east. Thanks for letting us join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dream!!! Keep dreaming, and who knows... your dream could come true (in ways better than you could have ever imagined!)

    ReplyDelete