Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Visit with Susie

Mom and her college roommate Susan came to visit this past weekend.  For many years now, Susie has joined us for our family beach week in August.  This year we have pushed the beach trip back to September, which may mean that Susie can't join us.  We couldn't go another year without seeing her!  So she took a trip up from Georgia to visit for a while.

I have to say that Susan might as well be a family member.  We all love her so much, and she is super fun!  For as long as I can remember, visits from Susie were always very exciting.  She and my mom would laugh the entire time.  When I was small, I didn't always get what was so funny, but I loved watching them have so much fun together.  Now I can join in on the fun, too!

Not only is Susie tons of fun, but she is also an incredibly talented pianist.  Here is a video of one of the pieces she played at her big Chopin concert in November. 


We had a wonderful, fun weekend hanging out at the pool, eating lots of great food, and celebrating my birthday (of course.)  We took almost no pictures this weekend.  I really wanted a picture of all of us, but in the end, everyone refused to have their picture made in the hopes that it would encourage Susie to join us at the beach in September!  It just wouldn't be the same without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment