Thursday, September 30, 2010

If you were on a deserted island...

So the question in our household on Tuesday night was this:  If you were on a deserted island and you only had one song to which you could listen, what would it be?

We stayed up really late debating this one.  Jason argued for all sorts of songs, including The Box by Orbital (which is a half hour long!) and many Radiohead songs. 

I stand by my choice: Toto's Africa.  It is cheesy 80s pop with just enough (not too much) melancholy thrown in to be appropriate in this situation.  Plus, it is a song I am ALWAYS in the mood to hear.  It is perfect.  There may be other songs I would also choose, but I'm sticking with Africa.

Any other ideas?

(On a totally unrelated topic, happy birthday, Jason!!!)

5 comments:

  1. That song Africa by Toto was played numerous times while in Kenya - brings back many happy memories...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Tina, do you miss the rains down in Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I gotta go with Don't Stop Believin'. Loves me some Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to Reckoner by Radiohead again... that HAS to be it.

    http://goo.gl/ftKu

    ReplyDelete