Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Busy Weekend Ending in a Fever

We had another busy weekend.  I had to work on Saturday, since it was graduation.  I got to wear all my cool academic regalia and hand out degrees to the undergraduates in our department.  Last year was the first group that I knew starting as freshmen, but this was the first group of students that I recruited then watched go all the way through the program.  That definitely made this a special graduation.  Even though I amstill having a hard time believing that these students have been here 4 years!  I still think of them as sophomores or juniors!  Time flies.

On Sunday afternoon, Sims' Sunday school class had an end of the year pool party.  This party was top-notch (with a heated outdoor pool)!  I think we have a couple of photos that I will share later.  I haven't even had time to look at them yet.

Sunday evening we got home from the party and got ready for bed.  Then we realized that Sims had a fever of 102.  He had so much fun at the party that we had no idea this was about to happen!

By this time, I also felt like I was coming down with a cold.  Yuck.

So Sims and I had a day off yesterday getting better and enjoying being together.  We played hockey (with his golf clubs and golf balls), built towers and tunnels (or "nunnels" in Sims-speak) for his train, read books and watched train videos on YouTube.  It was a fun-filled day, but I was thankful that Sims wasn't going full-speed.  Luckily, we both seem to be better today, so it's back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment